Saturday, August 22, 2009

HOUSTON: Compassion at one complex yields "good business"

Sometimes the answer is not what you know but who you know.

I got a call from a nice man yesterday who told me that he would be one of his hardest clients I had ever placed. Right away, I prepared myself for the worst - like a murder in his background or a sex offender (which I will not work with).

He told me he thought he had a broken lease but the complex had recorded it as an eviction. Well, evictions are tough to handle but the situation WHY matters - medical problems or job issues aren't considered by many apartment complexes to be in the same "boat" as non-payment or a violation of the lease for other reasons.

I knew of a complex with compassionate management in the area that this man wanted. When I called and explained his situation, a job hourly reduction, that left him unable to meet his bills AND THAT THE COMPLEX WOULDN'T MOVE HIM TO A SMALLER UNIT, the complex with the compassionate management told me they would have to run his credit and determine the amount of security deposit that would require. They went on to say that they might just need an additional $100 deposit or they might need a double deposit or a full month's rent but they would work with him.

Sometimes it is more important to know WHO YOU KNOW than what you know. The capper is, the complex that will accept him isn't listed as one who will normally work with evictions.

(c) Copyright 2009 24x4AptFind.com and AptFindFelons.com are owned by John At The Apartment Store. All Rights Reserved.
Images in this post were downloaded from a free clip art gallery from a major PC software provider.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
You get a great apt and a Rebate (up to $100) with our service. The Service is FREE to you; the apartments pay us. You only have to agree to list us as your Referral Source to the Apartments. We have sites for Houston, DFW, Austin, San Antonio and a this site serves people with Criminal Issues. I have over 12 years of helping people rent nice apartments. 5. We are professional & fast and give our clients "Texas Hospitality". We process FIND AN APT FOR ME web requests 24x7. We are open Monday - Saturday from 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM and we are available on Sunday by Web or Phone.