Thursday, June 18, 2009

GENERAL INFORMATION: Leasing Basics


GET A GREAT APARTMENT PLUS A FREE GIFT CARD!

GENERAL INFORMATION ON LEASING AN APARTMENT

GUEST CARD AND APPLICATION - This is a free service to you, please remember to put JOHN AT THE APARTMENT STORE on the Guest Card and Application so I am able to receive a commission (I do not make a salary, I am commission only so please do not forget). PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU SIGN A LEASE
(you can access all of my "city websites from 24x7AptFind.com), the apartment does not inform me and I will not be paid if I do not bill them. I do my best to get you what you need as fast as possible so please return the favor.

CUSTOMER SERVICE: I will send you a list of apartments according to the information you have given me. Please note that most of the time, the prices for the apartments are market rent and what you see is a little different from what I see so if you feel they are priced higher than you can afford, please discuss this with me so I can give you more accurate prices.

IF YOU DO NOT NEED MY SERVICES ANY LONGER, PLEASE LET ME KNOW VIA PHONE OR E-MAIL - YOU WILL NOT HURT MY FEELINGS, I DON'T WANT TO BOTHER YOU AS MUCH AS YOU DON'T WANT BOTHERED but I don't feel like I am doing my job if I do not contact you.

I have many, many other people who need assistance SO PLEASE. JUST SAY `I AM NO LONGER IN NEED OF YOUR SERVICES'!

Please let me know if you have any BROKEN LEASES, EVICTIONS, MISDEMEANORS, FELONIES or other issues up-front so I can help you find the appropriate apartment.

APPLICATION: If you have any of these issues, please remember to be honest on your application because the apartment complex you are applying with can legally keep your deposit or any other fees you give them if you falsify (do not mark the appropriate box) the application in any way. In most cases if you are denied, you WILL NOT receive you application fee back. Anyone 18 years and older will have to fill out an application.

APARTMENT TOUR: The apartments will not tour you unless you have a government issued ID with you (Driver's License, Passport, etc.)

CREDIT REPORT: If you need to view your credit report, you can do so for FREE atwww.annualcreditreport.com.

BROKEN LEASES AND EVICTIONS: The apartment communities have a ! program that tells them if any other apartments have had issues with you as far as broken leases or evictions so even if it is not on your credit report, it may show up on their program.

CRIMINAL HISTORY: Depending on who the apartment complex uses for background checks, your misdemeanor or felony may or may not show up. Some will not show up after 7 years and some may not after 10 years and other complexes may show a lifetime. I created AptFindFelons.com to help you - use it if you have a Deferred Felony or Felony.

LOOK AND LEASE: Always, always, always - ask if there is a look and lease special. This means if you like the complex and you sign a lease in the next 24 hours; they will more than likely give you additional discounts!

EMPLOYER DISCOUNT: Remember to ask the complex if they give a discount for certain companies - most will give a discount for students, medical, EMS,
teachers, and various other types of employment.

FIRST TIME RENTERS: If this is your first apartment, more than likely, the apartment complex will ask! you for an additional deposit up the amount of your monthly rent. Some apartments will request that you have a co-signer if a co-signer is needed, that person will have to fill out an application as well.

NOTICE: Most apartments want you to give them a 30 or 60 day written notice before you move out, read your contract. Some contracts allow you to give the notice any time of the month but others will only allow you to give notice on the last or 1st of the month (READ YOUR LEASE OR ASK THE OFFICE TO MAKE SURE).

3X RENT: Most complexes want you to make 3x the rent in order to qualify for the apartment ex: If the rent is $700/mth you need to GROSS $2,100/mth to qualify. Some complexes may be 1.5 - 2 - 3 - 3.5 - 4x (or times) the rent.

TAX CREDIT APTS: Most tax credit (regulated by income) properties are also housing. You qualify for the tax credit properties if you make a certain minimum and a certain gross maximum per year. It also depends on how many people will be occupying the property.

CREDIT HELP: A fellow worker has personally used this company and they have helped her a lot - Credit Help USA (cost for her was $400).

If you have any questions or concerns, please ask me, I am here to help you whatever your circumstances are and if you have friends or family who need a place, please have them contact me.

Thank you for your time and business, I hope I can help you find the best home possible.

John "At The Apartment Store"
Real Estate Agent
Texas Licensed
24x7AptFind@gmail.com
281-681-3434 Office
866-285-2100 Toll free
281-203-6000 Home Ofc.

P.S. If you give my name on the Guest Cards and Applications AND call me or e-mail me with your move in date, I will send you a GIFT CARD as a thank you.

(c) Copyright 2009. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
You get a great apt and a Rebate (up to $100) with our service. The Service is FREE to you; the apartments pay us. You only have to agree to list us as your Referral Source to the Apartments. We have sites for Houston, DFW, Austin, San Antonio and a this site serves people with Criminal Issues. I have over 12 years of helping people rent nice apartments. 5. We are professional & fast and give our clients "Texas Hospitality". We process FIND AN APT FOR ME web requests 24x7. We are open Monday - Saturday from 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM and we are available on Sunday by Web or Phone.